Thursday, July 22, 2010

And now for something completely different...



Yes, as noted in the article above, I was a bad guy. Well, it least that's what the writer wrote describing the setting above.
Actually that's me dressed in a robe and posing as the villain Frollo for Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.
This was a completely set up shot for the article that appeared in the April 1995 issue of Fortune magazine. It was regarding Micheal Eisner and his history of running the Disney empire up until that point in time.
I had started on Hunchback January 17th 1994 { The same day of the very large Northridge Earthquake in the LA area. That made it fairly easy to remember when I first
started at Disney feature } and was cast originally on the Frollo crew. One day the door opened to my room and i was asked if I could pose in the frollo outfit for a publicity photo. Something to do about Micheal Eisner. I said sure and the next thing is I'm standing in a room dressed in the robe, surrounded by co-workers. Didn't expect to be doing that when i woke up that day. And also didn't expect to see myself in the April edition of Fortune magazine either.

Animation. Never know what's going to happen tomorrow. Or the next day. I gave up trying to think i know whats going on or whats going to happen. One day at a time my friends, one day at a time. ;-)

2 comments:

Russian Insider said...

What a photo! :) I heard that The Hunchback of Notre Dame was a Michael Eisner's favorite animated feature! It is amazing how they tried to sell it. Solid movie anyway. I like it very much!

Mark how it turned out that you went to Esmeralda unit?

mark pudleiner said...

After a beginning on the Frollo crew, I ended up working with Tony Fucile on the Esmeralda crew.

Better character and situation suited for me at the time of my early days at Disney.